Are you a fan of word games? Do you enjoy games that challenge your brain while providing excitement as you progress? If so, you might be interested in a word-related game called Connections NYT Puzzle Game, created by The New York Times.
Connections Game is a group word game where your task is to find groups of 4 items that share something in common, even if it’s something quirky or unusual. You select 4 items and then submit your answer to see if it’s correct.
It might sound like an easy adventure, and the game is regularly updated with new puzzles. However, don’t be fooled by its apparent simplicity because some of the puzzles and words can be tricky and confusing.
If you’re looking for more games similar to Connections from The New York Times, buckle up because we’re about to take you on a journey through the top 7 games like Connections that you’ll love to try:
- PuzzGrid: PuzzGrid offers exciting grid puzzles inspired by the connecting walls from a game show called “Only Connect.” You can play platform-generated grids or select from thousands of user-generated grids. It’s customizable, and you typically have 3 minutes to solve each puzzle.
- Wordle: Wordle is a popular web-based word game where you have 6 chances to guess a 5-letter word. It’s a great way to boost your brainpower and expand your vocabulary.
- Red Herring: In Red Herring, you group words into categories without making a single mistake. The game includes 25 puzzles with three difficulty levels.
- Spelling Bee: Spelling Bee challenges you to create as many words as you can with 7 letters. It’s free and offers various skill levels.
- Dordle: Dordle is similar to Wordle but with a twist—you must guess 2 words simultaneously. It’s updated daily and provides a challenging wordplay experience.
- Slither Link: Slither Link is a logic-based puzzle game where you create a single loop on the field using numerical hints. It offers both automatic and manual coloring options for clues.
- Sudoku: Sudoku is a well-known grid game that doesn’t involve words but numbers. You fill a grid with numbers, making sure no number repeats in the same row or column.
- Only Connect: Only Connect is a game inspired by a US game show also called “Only Connect.” In this game, you need to discover connections between clues that initially appear unrelated. It’s a fun challenge that tests your ability to find hidden links between things.
- Crossword Puzzles: Crossword puzzles are a classic word game that you’ve probably heard of. They come in square or rectangular grids with black and white squares. Your main goal is to fill the white squares with letters. You do this by figuring out words or phrases based on clues provided. It’s a popular and challenging word game that many people enjoy.
- Semantle: Semantle is a special game featured here. Unlike spelling games, it challenges you to uncover a hidden word on each level. It’s a great way to boost your thinking skills and enhance your vocabulary. In simple terms, it’s a puzzle game where you have to guess the secret word with the help of clues. The fewer attempts you use, the more points you earn. Have fun playing!
These games offer a variety of challenges and puzzle types, from wordplay to logic-based grids, allowing you to exercise your brain and have fun at the same time. Enjoy exploring these games and honing your skills!